Monday, September 15, 2008

Ray Boltz Comes Out


Like most Christians who grew up on the music of Ray Boltz, I was shocked and saddened to hear of his announcement that he has chosen to live the gay lifestyle. In an interview with the Washington Blade Ray Boltz commented, "If this is the way God made me, then this is the way I’m going to live...I really feel closer to God because I no longer hate myself." These words come from a father of four children who was married for 33 years before his divorce became official earlier this year. Ray Boltz is probably best known for his song, "Thank You." He is also well known for his songs, "The Anchor Holds" and "I Pledge Alleigiance to the Lamb."

How are we to respond? We must pray for him. He has chosen to live a life that is outside the will of God. It is a life of disobedience. We should pray that Ray Boltz will repent of his sin and return to a life of obedience to the Lord He claims he follows.

Go here and here for two reactions to the Ray Boltz news.