Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Making a Difference for Christ

I want to do a shout out to the great volunteers of First Baptist Church who work in our Christian Community Center. This ministry helps many families who find themselves in circumstances beyond their control and are in need of physical, financial, and spiritual help. Our volunteers do a great job in meeting the needs of those who pass through the doors of the Christian Community Center.

More than 25 volunteers work three mornings a week to insure that those who come to us for help, get the help they need.

I also want to say how proud I am of the membership of First Baptist Church. This past Sunday was our "Souper-Bowl" Sunday. 377 cans of soup were brought to supply our Christian Community Center.

Matthew 25:34-36 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'"