Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Why I am Southern Baptist

Ed Stetzer posted a great blog at Between the Times, a blog sight of Southeastern Seminary entitled "Why I am Southern Baptist." Here are a couple of quotes from his blog.

"I am proud to stand on a history of cooperating churches that constantly renew their commitment to Christ, the Great Commission, and finding new ways to care for the needy of our world. It is a system where you can find what you need and give as much as you want. Because, the key to cooperation is to both give and take."

"By being in the SBC, I can give away resources to people whom I will never meet to reach places I will never go and give the Gospel to the lost who are beyond my reach. The Cooperative Program is a genius invention."

I encourage you to read the whole article here.