Since the largest earthquake in more than 200 years rocked Haiti on the evening of Jan. 12, Southern Baptists and many other organizations have been mobilizing to offer disaster relief for the millions of people in need.
Here are ways you can help now:
- Please pray for those who have been affected by the quake – those still trapped or homeless or injured or traumatized.
- Pray for Haiti's 9 million people, more than 80 percent of whom live below the poverty line.
- Pray for all those who are involved in the relief effort, that the Lord would give them strength.
- Pray for those who are trying to organize people and resources to assist with the relief efforts.
- Pray that God would stir up His people to respond with the love of Christ to help those in desperate need.
- Pray that hope and peace will fill the hearts of Haitians.
- Pray for International Mission Board (IMB) personnel in the Dominican Republic who will be training national believers in post-trauma counseling for Haiti earthquake victims.
The International Mission Board office of global prayer strategy is posting prayer needs at Pray for Haiti.
Haiti News Updates
For news updates regarding Haiti from a Christian perspective, please visit Help for Haiti News Updates to read articles from Baptist Press.
Copied from http://www.lifeway.com/article/?id=169987