Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Songs

I love to listen to Christmas music.  I start listening to Christmas music on Thanksgiving Day and that's pretty much all I listen to through Christmas Day.  I thought I would list some of my favorite Christmas songs and albums just for fun.  Let me know what some of your favorites are.

Here are my top favorite Christmas albums:

At our house, it just wouldn't seem like Christmas if we didn't hear Neil Diamond singing Christmas songs.  My family and I have been listening to this album for many years and it still ranks as one of my favorite Christmas albums.  His Christmas Album Volume II is also excellent.








Eric Horner's Christmas album "He Is Born" is excellent.  Eric is a friend of mine and has sung at First Baptist a couple of times.  He has a special heart for our men and women in service.  I really enjoy listening to him sing on this album.









Casting Crowns' "Peace on Earth" is absolutely wonderful.  It ranks at the very top of my favorite Christmas albums.  The music and the message of this album will bless any one who listens to it.








The Carpenters' "Christmas Portrait" is a Christmas tradition.  Karen Carpenter, in my humble opinion, is one of the best female vocalists of all time.










Chicago 25 is one of Chicago's best albums.  Chicago has a sound that is unquely theirs.  They bring that sound to this Christmas album.  I love the harmonies and the sounds of the brass instruments in this album.










I love anything by Kenny G.  I sit many hours reading with his music playing in the background.  Kenny G "Miracles" and Kenny G "Wishes" are two of my top favorite Christmas albums.










Here's a list of some of my favorite music. Let me know what your favorites are ...

Top Christmas Carols
1) O Holy Night
2) Silent Night
3) Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
4) Joy to the Word
5) I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
6) The Birthday of the King
7) O Come All Ye Faithful
8) The First Noel
9) Go, Tell It on the Mountain
10) Angels, from the Realms of Glory

Top Christmas Classics (or soon to become classics)
1) I’ll Be Home for Christmas
2) It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
3) White Christmas
4) Frosty the Snow Man
5) Tennessee Christmas
6) The Christmas Shoes
7) It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
8) Sleigh Ride
9) Silver Bells
10) Do You Hear What I Hear?