I am not one to make a lot of new year resolutions. I do like to spend the week between Christmas Day and New Years Day setting some personal goals for the next year. But for those of you who like to make new year resolutions, let me give you ten resolutions to consider. These come from Solomon, the wisest man who ever lived, as penned in Proverbs chapter three.
1. LET LOVE AND FAITHFULNESS NEVER LEAVE YOU.
2. TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART.
3. DO NOT BE WISE IN YOUR OWN EYES.
4. HONOR THE LORD WITH YOUR WEALTH.
5. DO NOT DESPISE THE LORD’S DISCIPLINE.
6. SEARCH DILIGENTLY FOR WISDOM AND FIND IT.
7. HAVE NO FEAR.
8. DO NOT WITHHOLD GOOD FROM THOSE WHO DESERVE IT.
9. DO NOT PLOT HARM AGAINST YOUR NEIGHBOR .
10. DO NOT ENVY A VIOLENT MAN OR CHOOSE ANY OF HIS WAYS.